· We get great results; you provide your clients/prospects a tally of your results
· We have the best resources and executives; you provide their bios to demonstrate credentials
· We are a full-service business law firm – seamless services for all your needs; you provide a firm overview and demonstrate the depth/breadth of services
· We build relationships that drive results; you highlight your clients via client testimonials
|The Golden Circle by Simon Sinek|
The issue is that the market is cluttered with messages and few standout. There is a concept called “The Golden Circle,” created by Simon Sinek, that really is golden. The concept demonstrates that a small change in how you think, act and communicate can make all the difference in how your clients/prospects will perceive you – and it will make an impression that stands out.
The Golden Circle is about the process of differentiation. It is the difference in approaching your business from the perspective of What/How/Why versus Why/How/What. Think about it: everyone knows” what” they do and this is the easiest to communicate – thus most of what lawyers use in their key messages (more rational, but hard to differentiate). Some people know how they do it. However, very few communicate “why” they do what they do and this is the key to make a connection that more readily leverages trust and loyalty (the part of the brain that controls decision making).Can you define your "why"?
· WHY does your organization exist?
· WHY does it do the things it does?
· WHY do customers really buy from one company or another?
· WHY are people loyal to some companies, but not others?If you don't know why you do what you do, odds are your customers won't either. Any company can compete on price, quality, service and features ... and we see them as commodities. I encourage you to learn more about how to market using why versus What - video a video: TheGolden Circle.